Register For Downloads
Click here to become a registered member of RotoFlex. This will allow you access to downloadable material regarding this project.
- Development of an automated feed system for polymer, additives, and coolants direct to the rotating mould at any point in the cycle. This will allow the production of: multilayer parts for enhanced product performance, fibre-reinforced composites and facilitate automatic and controlled internal mould cooling.
- Decreasing the processing cycle time by as much as 30% through automated feeding in the loading, heating, cooling, demoulding cycle. Reduced thermal stress to the polymer will allow use of engineering plastics for value added applications and improved dimensional stability.
- Integration of rotational moulding simulation software (RotoSim) with new finite element models, validated experimentally, to quantify variables and control shrinkage, residual stress and warpage, leading to higher quality roto-products.
- Knowledge-based rotational mould and machine design criteria/guidelines to accommodate the new universal feed system, and optimise processing performance; reinforcing the supply chain.
- Apply the new automatic feed system, mould and machine design, and knowledge-based processing to enable the use of engineering materials, and the development of new multilayer, fibre-reinforced and wood-polymer composite (WPC) products, achieving target end-user specifications for value added applications.